The remarkable social entrepreneur, thinker, and catalyst Tomas Björkman joins Terry to explore how a culture of consciousness development can drive societal change. Formerly a serial entrepreneur in banking, real estate, media and IT, Tomas has since shifted his efforts toward social entrepreneurship, writing, and philanthropy. He is the co-founder of the Ekskäret Foundation in Stockholm, which aims to catalyze higher levels of individual and societal consciousness by supporting social entrepreneurs and operating arenas that bring change agents together. He is also the author of three recent books including The Market Myth, The Nordic Secret, and his sweeping new book The World We Create.
In this episode, Tomas and I explore the number of ways that a culture of consciousness development might catalyze societal change. We also consider how greater awareness of the socially-constructed nature of our world can empower us to reinvent democracies, the market, and other systems as we evolve. Tomas also shares his ideas on the nature of self-organizing complex systems and which conditions are most likely to facilitate the emergence of a new way of organization. We are honored to have Tomas Björkman on State of Emergence, and we hope you enjoy the episode!
For more information Tomas Björkman and Terry Patten, check out the following resources:
- Tomas Björkman’s website: http://www.tomas-bjorkman.com/
- Ekskäret Foundation: http://www.ekskaretfoundation.com/
- 29k.org: https://29k.org/
- Terry Patten’s website: https://www.terrypatten.com/
To learn more about the work we are doing, visit:
- Learn More and Join Our Practice Community: https://www.newrepublicoftheheart.org/community/
- State of Emergence podcast website: http://stateofemergence.org/